ABOUT THE CLASS
Levels: Beginner to Advanced
Mondays | October 21 – November 11, 2019
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Linocuts—they’re fun; they’re graphic; and they’re full of layered colors!
Carving and Layering—Multi-Color Linocut will introduce students to the exciting and wonderful process of linocut printmaking. Students will learn a variety of techniques through demonstrations and hands-on art-making to produce their prints. Participants will have the freedom to create work with diverse subject matter as they experiment with monoprints and print editions.
Students will design and create a multi-color linocut print edition and will leave the class with the supplies and knowledge to continue designing and printing on their own.
Select supplies are included—pencils, linoleum cutters, brayers, barons, and ink.
- 1 – Speedball Unmounted Linoleum Printing Block – 4 x 6 inches
- 1 – Speedball Speedy-Cut Carving Block – 4 x 5-1/2 inches
- 1 – Blick Battleship Gray Linoleum – Block, 4 x 5 inches, Mounted
- 1 – Strathmore 300 Series Printmaking Paper – 8 x 10 inches, 40 Sheets
- 5 – BFK Rives Printmaking Paper – 22 x 30 inches, White, 250 gsm, Single Sheet
Number of students: 10
An easy-to-order supply list is available on Dick Blick at this link.
Supplies are also available at Asel Art Supply.